Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Mickey Leavitt's Peanut Butter Pie



My very good friends Berta and Rach from Fryeburg, Maine sent me their church cookbook, “A Taste of Heaven” a collection of favorite recipes of the Center Conway United Methodist Church in New Hampshire.   This recipe came from that cookbook and after corresponding with Rach I found out that Mickey Leavitt is an 80 year old woman that brings this pie to every church supper.  I can see why there is never any left.  It is heavenly and wickedly good.


1/3 cup peanut butter
8 oz cream cheese
1 cup confectioner’s sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups cool whip
1 graham cracker crust

Mix the first four ingredients together with an electric mixer.  Fold in the cool whip.  Pour into crust and refrigerate for at least 8 hours before serving.
My variation to the recipe is I used a cooked pastry crust (prick the pastry and cook in 350ยบ for 12-15 minutes).  I used chunky peanut butter and I made my own whip cream with barley any sugar.  Either way you slice it, it is an unbelievably tasty dessert!  Enjoy.


© Crackerberries 2011

No comments: