Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Cranberry Fig Jam - In the Bread Machine






Too many Figs?  Here's an idea for you.

My bread machine has a jam cycle and I’ve never tried it because, to me, making jam in a bread machine just seems like cheating.  Today I had some leftover cranberries, and the fig tree looks so sad with all of those over ripe figs that I just can’t keep up with.  The birds are helping, but they only eat half of a fig, and then move on to the next one.  I decided to try out the bread machine where it's so dang hot to stand at the stove stirring, and stirring, and stirring.

2½ cups mashed figs (about 2 dozen)
1¼ cup mashed cranberries (½ bag)
1 pouch of Certo liquid pectin
3 Tbsp lemon juice

Put all ingredients in the bread machine and press the jam cycle.  My bread machine does a 2lb loaf size.  Recipes should not exceed 3½ cups (mine did by ¼ cup and I didn’t have a problem).  Good luck.  I can’t wait to try it again! 


Yield: five 8oz. freezer jars.

©Crackerberries 2012

No comments: