Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Avocado Dip



2 Avocados
1 lime
1 medium red onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium tomato, chopped
¼ tsp. ground cumin
½ tsp. dried cilantro
1 tsp. hot sauce

To determine the freshness of an avocado, gently squeeze in the palm of your hand. Ripe fruit will yield to the pressure of your hand. Using a knife, cut around the fruit, then twist and pull apart; pierce pit with edge of knife and slip it out. Scoop out flesh into bowl and mash with a fork leaving chunks.

Cut lime in half and squeeze 2 tbsp. juice over avocado. Stir in onion, garlic and tomato. Sprinkle with spices and add hot sauce to your liking.

© Crackerberries 2015


* Even though I didn't enter this blog into the A-Z Blog Challenge I thought it might be fun to try and see if I could come up a recipe to match the days. Hence today being Day 1.  Hope you follow with and check out some of the other bloggers too. 

2 comments:

Arlee Bird said...

You still can enter this blog since the list closes April 2nd at midnight.

I love guacamole. We have avocados quite often though I don't make dip out of them very often. We usually order guacamole in Mexican restaurants though.

Arlee Bird
A to Z Challenge Co-host
Tossing It Out

The Impulsive Texan said...

Guacamole is a weakness of mine. Living in Texas, I eat my fair share each and every year.

But I also eat avocado in many different ways, not just in guacamole.

Nice article and a very enticing picture of the guac.

Thanks for posting!


Stephan Marc Dubois
www.theimpulsivetexan.blogspot.com