Monday, April 16, 2018

Name-Dropping Pork Tenderloin Roast



Beer, Pickles & Onion Pork Loin Roast

2¼ lb. center cut pork loin
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 cups beer
1 large onion
1 cup mustard pickles
1 tbsp. kosher salt
1 tbsp. fresh ground pepper
1 tbsp. minced dry onion



One day, Eric Theiss and I will have a cook-off and may the better chef win <wink>.

Rub the pork with the salt, pepper and minced dry onions. Add olive oil to the inner pot.  Press the chicken/meat button. Sear the pork loin on all sides.  Remove pork and set aside.  Add onions and a little more oil if needed, stir and sauté.  Add the remaining ingredients and the pork back to the pot.  Place the lid on the cooker, lock the lid and switch the release valve to close. Press the cancel button to reset.  Press the chicken/meat button then adjust the time to 20 minutes.  Once the time reaches -0- it will automatically switch to the “keep warm” mode.  Press the cancel button, release the steam, remove lid and serve.  Fastest loin you’ll ever cook. 

For oven directions:

Rub the pork with the salt, pepper and minced dry onions. Add olive oil to a Dutch oven. Sear the pork loin on all sides. Remove the pork and set aside.  Add onions and a little more oil if needed, stir and sauté.  Add the remaining ingredients, reducing beer to one cup, and the pork back to the pot.  Cover and bake in preheated 365º oven for 1½-2¼ hours.



Welcome to the 2018 A-Z Blogging challenge.  This will be my fourth year. Every year I take on the challenge with hopes of disciplining myself to keep writing throughout the year as much, if not more than just through the monthly challenge. (It certainly is a challenge.)  Some years are better than others.  Some I just lose track of time.  This year I have decided to put my favorite hobbies together. A recipe that is tried and true as well as some thoughtful insight.  Please note some of these recipes have been shared before, however they have gone through years of testing and this is the perfected recipe.  I really hope one of my recipes or “Food for Thought” inspires you to do something great.  Enjoy the read and the photos, try the recipe, share your thoughts or comments, and most of all, have FUN with the challenge this month!

Cheers,


2 comments:

Doree Weller said...

I am right there with you in trying to be organized for this blog challenge, but I have mixed success with that.

Heather Erickson said...

What a great looking recipe! Is a power pressure cooker the same as an instant pot? I don't have one yet but I'm considering getting one. I do have a traditional pressure cooker (with no buttons).

facingcancerwithgrace.com