Monday, April 19, 2021

Egg Slut

 


Perfected... ditched the red onions, added bacon bits, microwaved mashed potatoes for 30 seconds, sprayed cover with a little cooking spray so it wouldn't stick, and then submersed in boiling water for 10 minutes.  


I came across this recipe from a fellow blogger through my April #atozchallenge.  Who'd have thought there was a slutty egg recipe?  I absolutely had to try it and it's a definite keeper for me.  Wicked good! Thank you Anne M. Bray!  

EggSlut and "The Slut" Recipe

Ingredients

·                     1/2 c mashed potatoes

·                     1 egg

·                     butter (I used 1/2 tbsp. I like butter)

·                     chopped chives (I used green onions and some red)








Method


→Get a jar with tight-fitting lid (at least 8 oz. size) the wide mouth half pint mason jars are perfect.

→Before adding ingredients, measure for water level in saucepan. 

You want the jar completely covered. I made the mistake and it was not fully covered so I had to cook longer so that the top of the eggs was not all runny.



→Heat water to boiling.

→In jar, add ingredients in order listed (potatoes on bottom) Next time I will microwave the potatoes for about 30 seconds...I like my food really hot.

Cover with lid, place in boiling water

→Cook for about 6-8 minutes, depending on size of jar and the consistency of how you like your egg.  

 

  

Find the original recipe →  EggSlut and "The Slut" Recipe

I let mine cook for about 9 minutes.  Next time I will microwave the mashed potato a little so that it’s not cold going in. 

 © Crackerberries 2021



2 comments:

Frewin55 said...

And what could be more slutty than sharing another gal's recipes. Seriously, I saw this on Anne's blog and i will be trying it out - like the bacon bits...

Crackerberries said...

It's a great recipe...I keep experimenting with different ingredients. I love it.