Friday, September 19, 2008

The Unveiling

Last night while preparing din-din I finally found where that smell had been coming from. Tuesday I thought it was the macaroni salad. (You want to see something funny, give chickens pasta ... they love it!) Wednesday I thought it was the leftover turkey chili (no I did not feed that to the chickens, that's just wrong, although they do love my homemade baked beans). Thursday morning I came to the conclusion that it was the shrivelled up lemon that was stuck to the bottom of the crisper. Actually when I took that out of the fridge, the smell kind of dissipated so I figured that was it and yeah, the smell was gone. I even emailed my Tall Cool One and told him it was gone. But then he got home, opened the fridge and lo and behold, the stench was still there. "I can't find it, " I whined to my wonderful husband.

But then I did something that amazed me. I took the broccoli out of the fridge and set it on the counter while I prepared the pork that we were having with it. Immediately the smell waifed through the house. Although it was worse than our dog when he has gas, the vegetable had not perished.

People without Jesus are like me trying to find that stench in the fridge. Instead of looking in the obvious place they search and search to find the stench (the emptiness in their heart) with worldly things. It used to be shoes and handbags for me. I couldn't buy enough. It's cars for some people, and others their job, perhaps drugs or alcohol, trips and vacations. Anything to fill the void. 2 Corinthians 3:16 Nevertheless, when one turns to the Lord the veil is taken away. The smell in the refrigerator is gone.
Until next time,

No comments: