Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Acceptance

Do you ever feel like you aren’t as important as you thought you were? An old friend forgets your birthday, your kids don’t need help tying their shoes anymore, and the boss forgets about secretary week. The grandkids have more important things to do than Sunday dinner at granny and gramps house. The list could go on and on but you get the idea, right? We all want that feeling of importance; to be accepted. Human nature; people do crazy things to feel accepted. Think about it.

I remember in high school I dressed and thought I was like a Valley Girl and I talked like totally like gag me with a spoon. Don’t ask … I don’t know why. Peer pressure? Not sure, no one else dressed or talked like that. After high school there were worse things that I did to feel that acceptance – no need for elaboration.

There comes a time in everyone’s life where the going gets tough and we just want to feel acceptance. We want to know someone cares and thinks we are important. There is. He is with us always. He may put circumstances in our lives to test our faith, but He walks beside us for ever and a day. Before I came to South Carolina, I trusted my horoscope everyday to guide me as to how my day was going to pan out. I know, scary isn’t it? Deuteronomy 18:10-12. I can honestly say that I did not know that reading my horoscope was an abomination. I am fearful now and constantly searching the Bible to learn more because I didn’t know that. I pray that God will lead me to the things I need to learn and to change in my life.

You know what bothers me more; trying to reach the lost. So many are conformed to the world and its seduction there is no room for their conscience to hear the Law. I fear for them because if I am saved by grace and my sins are still being revealed to me, what about all of those people that aren’t saved and that aren’t learning and that don’t know about the abominations?

We may not feel as important as we would like to some days. I know I have my days when I go out to the mailbox and there is nothing but a Piggy Wiggy flyer. But, God created every single one of us for a reason. Every one of us has an important job to do. If you aren’t sure that you are doing what He put you here for, maybe it is time to have a conversation with Him. Look to Him for that feeling of acceptance instead of the pagan world we live in.

Until next time,

4 comments:

autodidacticus said...

Congrats on your new page! I plugged you into my Google Reader, so I'll get your posts automatically. By the way, change "Rat Pack Error" to "Era."

See you at church!

Heather said...

I like this blog - good work!

autodidacticus said...

Hey, what about Romans 2:14?

Emily said...

Thanks for sharing your blog with everyone from CSC--it's encouraging to me to read it! Looking forward to meeting you one of these Monday nights!