Tuesday, January 27, 2009

When Something Bites

Proverbs 27:6 Faithful are the wounds of a friend, but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful.

This morning something came to light that upset me quite a bit. In typical pagan fashion I was ready to lash out and rectify the issue at hand. I was angry, I was hurt and I was disappointed, to say the least. A person I thought I could trust did something not very trustworthy. I prayed and I asked God to forgive me for the ill will I felt against this person that I thought wronged me. I also asked Him to give me wisdom and guidance on how to handle the situation. You want to know what his response was?

Matthew 5:44 But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you.

Personally I don't even think this person knows they jeopardized my trust in them. I also think God took His answer a little too far, but He is God and He is perfect in all ways. Therefore, I did not retaliate as I would have B.C.. I wish our pagan friends would understand that just because we are Christian doesn't mean we are inhuman and we don't share the same emotions as everyone else.

No comments: