Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Snyder's Of Hanover Chicken



Fry in the south, bake in the north, am I right? I wanted fried chicken but if you recall my last attempt at frying chicken, I over fried. Baking is more my forte so try this one on for size.

10 baby chicken legs
½ bag honey mustard and onion pretzel nibblers, crushed and pulverized
*1-2 cups buttermilk
1 Tbsp dry mustard
1 tsp pepper




Wash chicken legs in cold water and place in large dish. Cover with buttermilk. Let stand on counter for 45 minutes.

Combine pulverized nibblers with dry mustard and pepper in large zip lock bag. Drain buttermilk from chicken and place one or two pieces at a time in zip lock bag and shake and bake at 350º 45 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165ºF.

*Make your own buttermilk by combining one tablespoon of vinegar or lemon juice in liquid measuring cup and top off with milk; stir to combine and let stand five minutes.


© Crackerberries 2009

1 comment:

Jody said...

Looks good, but you didn't say how they tasted. I am afraid to buy those pretzels. Once I nibble, the bag is gone!