Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A Word Isn't A Bird

So the other day I was mumbling about not getting any positive feedback from anyone after sharing the gospel. I'm such a dork sometimes. You know, a word is not a bird. Once it flies out, you can't put it back in the cage. I think I need to practice up on my "gentle" skills when I share with family and friends. I have a way of getting right into the nitty-gritty, wailing and gnashing of the teeth, tormented with fire and brimstone, no rest day or night, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire in hell for ever and ever and ever. By the time I get to the "Oh, and by the way, God has a wonderful plan for your life", they don't want to have anything to do with me. Oops.

This morning, I was encouraged after doing the further Bible study from our Way Of The Master Evangelism class that we are taking. You know, the more you study, the better you feel? John 15:19-21 Everything is not always hunky-dorrie. In fact, most likely it will get down right nasty. Ray Comfort was spit on and he smiled about it. WOW, some people just have so much more stamina than I can even begin to imagine. Me, I get all teary eyed and depressed and think that everyone hates me. I forget it's not me they hate, it's the message I'm trying to deliver. People love the world and no one (me of all people) is going to tell them that the way they are living is sinful.

My list of family and friends is growing shorter. Pretty soon I will have to start at the top of the list again. Maybe the second time around will go smoother than the first. What do I have to lose? The bird is already out there.

No comments: