Friday, August 26, 2011

Hot Dogs On The Glass

Many years ago I had this friend, Debbie Tucker, from Maine, who used to make this meal for her family quite often.  She would always tell me about it, and how good and easy it was to put together.  I never made it until the other day and she is right.  It is easy and it is good.  Thank you, Debbie Tucker!

3 cups mashed potatoes
8 hot dogs
4 slices American cheese
½ cup prepared mustard 
Paprika
Salt & pepper
Ketchup

Place hot dogs in a lightly greased glass baking dish; split lengthwise, but do not cut all the way through.  Fill each dog with mustard.  (I also added a layer of “rooster sauce” (Sriracha hot chili sauce). 

Cover with cheese slices (I used extra sharp cheddar cheese) and top with potatoes.  Sprinkle with paprika and salt and pepper; dot with ketchup.  Bake at 425º 15-20 minutes until potatoes are lightly browned.  Serve with side of veggies.


© Crackerberries 2011

No comments: