Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Twelve Days of Thanksgiving — G

G is for Grace
Everyone has heard of the 12 Days of Christmas.  I thought I would do my version of the 12 days of Thanksgiving.  Thanksgiving:  the act of giving thanks; a prayer of gratitude to God.
Ask some people what grace means to them and these are the kinds of answers one might get, “She’s my Aunt from Alabama” or “it’s what you say before supper, ‘God is great, God is good and we thank Him for this food, amen’” and still others, “it’s how a deer runs through the forest, you know, with grace.”  All good answers and all correct in a sense.  I was looking for the definition that most people can’t fully understand and appreciate until they have gone through the conversion process of being born again.  Grace: a delay granted for payment or obligation.

When I really thought about this, I came to realize how truly blessed I am. My payment for sinning is death.  Before my conversion and my relationship with Christ I could have died and spent eternity in hell.  Just thinking about that wipes me out.  When I hear the song, “Amazing Grace” I cry every time because I totally understand how true it is and how amazing God’s grace really is.

I think this song pretty much sums it up.

© Crackerberries 2011


No comments: