Monday, April 1, 2024

Asparagus Omelet

 




4 eggs, slightly beaten with 2 tbsp. water

4 oz. can mushrooms, drained (I would have used ½ cup sliced fresh but I didn't have any)

6 oz. can white crabmeat, drained

*½ cup premade hollandaise sauce 

½ bunch fresh asparagus, cook crisp tender (steamed for 2-3 minutes)

1 slice Colby Jack cheese

Cut asparagus into 1-inch pieces and set aside.  

In medium skillet, spray with cooking oil and cook eggs over medium heat just until set.  Meanwhile combine crabmeat, mushrooms and hollandaise sauce and stir  to combine.  Add to one side of the eggs after they have set.  Cover and cook 2 minutes.  Carefully fold egg minute in half.  Top with slice of cheese and let stand 5 minutes before cutting in half.

Serve with toast and fresh fruit.  

Serves 2

*You can make your own hollandaise sauce that is even more healthy than the premade.

¼ cup plain low fat yogurt
1 tbsp. mayonnaise
½ tsp lemon juice
1 tsp. dry mustard
Combine all ingredients in small bowl and mix well.

This is part of the A-Z blogging challenge.  Visit Crackerberries.

Enjoy ♥




5 comments:

pilch92 said...

Definitely going to make this when our asparagus comes up in May. Thanks for the recipe.

Debby said...

I can always use new recipes. I might just have to try this. Thanks

Laura @ Literacious said...

This looks absolutely delicious! I love making breakfast for dinner, so this might just get added to my recipe rotation! Stop by Literacious this month for my challenge posts: https://www.literacious.com

Sue McPeak said...

If this tastes as good as it looks and as easy as your recipe reads...it's going in my skillet. My guy loves asparagus with any meal and he will never know that I included the mushrooms...chopped really tiny...LOL!!!
Visiting via the Master list. Come see me...the Texas Bluebonnets are in bloom.
Sue at WhereBluebonnetsGrow

Ronel Janse van Vuuren said...

Interesting recipe!

Ronel visiting for A: My Languishing TBR: A
Abominable Wraiths