Monday, April 22, 2024

Scampi

 


Oddly enough it just so happens we have two pasta recipes in a row.  Tall Cool ☺ne is not a fan of pasta, but me, I probably could eat it every day.  I love pasta, but it makes your butt big (lol).  This was my first go at shrimp scampi.  I think it would be wonderful with scallops or even chicken if you don't like seafood.  It's wicked easy and wicked quick to make.

8 oz. pasta cooked according to package directions. (I used fettuccini)
1 lb. large shrimp, peeled & deveined (I used Argentina shrimp)
½ onion, finely diced
1 head garlic, minced (I like a lot of garlic)
2 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
½ cup white wine
1 lemon
2-3 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
Grated parmesan (optional)

Have your pasta all cooked, drained and set aside.
Melt butter and olive oil in skillet over medium heat, add onion and garlic and cook for about 3-4 minutes, stirring often.  Add shrimp and sauté 2-3 minutes. Pour in wine and squeeze lemon juice over shrimp. Toss with hot pasta, sprinkle with chopped parsley and fresh parmesan.  

Enjoy ♥

This is part of the A-Z blogging challenge.  Don’t forget to visit some of the other bloggers in the challenge and also check out Crackerberries





1 comment:

Lisa said...

That looks good. I like pasta. I think the only time I had scampi it was served with rice, and had mushrooms, which I don't like. I guess that's why I remember it!