Friday, April 12, 2024

Kugels

 





Your basic old fashion Kugels are made from potatoes, but this recipe is a little more fun.


1 cup pasta shells
1 stick butter
2 onions, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1¼ cup cottage cheese
1¼ cup sour cream
1 tbsp. poppy seeds
4 eggs
½ tsp. pepper
1 tsp. salt

Put oven rack in middle position and preheat to 425°. 

Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and rinse.

In heavy skillet, melt butter over medium heat.  Brush muffin tin with some of the butter.  Add onions and garlic to butter and cook, stirring often until well browned.  Transfer buttered veggies to large bowl and stir in pasta, sour cream, cottage cheese and poppy seeds.  Lightly beat eggs with salt and pepper and add to past mixture. Spoon into prepared tins (fill to tops).  Bake until puffed and golden, 25-30 minutes.  Loosen the edges of Kugels with thin knife as soon as they come out of the oven, then let cool about 5-10 minutes before removing from the pan.  

Enjoy ♥                                                            


This is part of the A-Z blogging challenge.  Don’t forget to visit some of the other 218 bloggers in the challenge and also check out Crackerberries 

3 comments:

Kristin said...

I think I'd like it with potatoes. Pasta isn't my favorite. Although I dreamed last night that I was going to make spaghetti today. Weird. I don't think I ever planed the dinner menu in my dreams.

Arlee Bird said...

That picture grabbed me right off. Sounds like my kind of recipe. but mostly to eat rather than cook.

Lee

Lisa said...

Oh, I wish a plate of those was in front of me right now! I'd like them with pasta or with potatoes.