Saturday, April 20, 2024

Ravioli

 




So I found these lobster stuffed ravioli the other day at the grocery store and thought these will be perfect for the ravioli carbonara that I make.  But I wanted to try them first to see what they taste like and I had heard of fried ravioli but never made it.(Okay, I lied.  After going through my archives, apparently I have made it.)  A lot of recipes call for dipping it in an egg mixture then a bread crumb mixture.  I really just wanted to taste the lobster inside so I skipped that and went for air frying without anything. To be honest I couldn't taste the lobster so I think next time I will use the original recipe and dip them before frying.


16 frozen ravioli (your choice of flavor, they come in many different versions now)

¾ cup panko bread crumbs

1 tbsp. grated parmesan chees

¼ tsp. garlic salt

¼ tsp. black pepper

1 egg, slightly beaten

2 tbsp. milk

Fresh parsley, chopped (optional)

1 cup prepared marinara sauce, warmed

Coat air-fryer basket with cooking spray.  Preheat to 400ยบ 

Cook ravioli according to package directions; drain, rinse with cold water, drain again and pat dry with paper towels.  (Make sure not to over cook).

In a shallow dish combine panko, chees, garlic salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.

In another dish combine egg and milk and mix well.

Dip the ravioli through the egg mixture then dredge through the bread crumb mixture. Place ravioli in a single layer in prepared basket and cook 4-5 minutes until golden and crisp.

If desired sprinkle with fresh parsley and extra cheese. Serve with marinara to dip.

Enjoy♥

This is part of the A-Z blogging challenge.  Don’t forget to check your spam folders for comments (I actually found quite a few) and also check out Crackerberries!







This is part of the A-Z blogging challenge.  Don’t forget to check your spam folders for comments (I actually found quite a few) and also check out Crackerberries!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I like cheese ones. Not too brave about the lobster! I haven't had them fried, although I can imagine they would be about like a mozzarella stick at that point!

Amelia said...

I like Ravioli but just a few can be quite filling! That's unfortunate that you couldn't taste the lobster filling much. I've always wanted to try making ravioli from scratch, but I'm not a great pasta maker.