Saturday, April 6, 2024

Farmers Casserole

 



1 sweet potato, peeled and shredded

½ onion, diced

½ red/yellow pepper, diced

¾ cup chopped meat (whatever is leftover from the week)

2 slices pepper Jack cheese

1 can fat free evaporated milk

4 eggs

Preheat oven 350ยบ

Place shredded potato in greased baking dish.  Top with vegetables and meat.  Crumble cheese over top.  In medium sized bowl combine eggs and evaporated milk and whisk to combine.  Pour over mixture in baking dish.  Bake in hot oven 45 minutes or until set.  Let cool slightly before serving with fresh fruit and toast.

Enjoy ♥


This is part of the A-Z blogging challenge.  Don’t forget to visit some of the other 214 (so far- one more day to join) bloggers in the challenge and also check out Crackerberries!





5 comments:

Lisa said...

That looks good! I like that it is any meat you may have around. It screams out for bacon to me, but I rarely have that. And sweet potatoes rather that regular potatoes should make a nice taste difference.

Thrift Schooling said...

This looks incredible! I will store this recipe away from a rainy day when I need some good comfort food. Thanks so much for sharing.

Nicole Smith said...

does look really good! I made cheeseburger pie for dinner tonight!

Kristin said...

I am eating ice cream right now. Having caught myself up on the A-Z posts, I'm visiting and commenting. And I must be hungry for actual food because your recipes look so good!

jmd CREATIVE said...

This looks so yummy, of course I only have the evaporated milk with the fat, wondering if it would be an issue with the flavor?