Thursday, April 4, 2024

Dilly Salmon Loaf


1 (15½ oz.) can salmon, drained and flaked
2 cups fresh bread crumbs (great to use up some of that leftover sourdough bread in the freezer)
2 eggs, beaten
¼ cup finely chopped onion
3 tbsp. butter, melted
2 tbsp. lemon juice
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. dill weed

Preheat oven to 350ยบ

Combine all ingredients in large bowl and mix well.  Shape into loaf (my mother always put it in copper fish casserole pan) and place in a greased baking dish.  Bake 40 minutes.  Let stand 5 minutes and top with lemon dill sauce before serving.
 
Lemon Dill Sauce

1/3 cup butter
¾ cup mayonnaise
1 egg
¼ cup lemon juice
1 tbsp. sugar
¼ cup chicken broth
¼ tsp. dill weed

Melt butter in sauce pan and stir in remaining ingredients.  Cook over medium heat until thickened.  Do not boil.  Refrigerate leftovers.

Just a side note: This is not one of my better recipes. I was struggling with something for D and Dill came to mind.  I thought of doing a dill egg salad sammich and probably should have went with that idea.  Sometimes when a thought comes to mind, stick with it... don't second guess yourself.  Tall Cool ☺ne said I had to include a disclosure with the post.  I told him salmon is an acquired taste and some people might like it.



Enjoy♥

This is part of the A-Z blogging challenge.  Don’t forget to visit some of the other bloggers in the challenge and also check out Crackerberries 





 

4 comments:

Lisa said...

My D today WAS Dill! I think it's a beautiful plant, as is fennel, but I don't like it unless it's pickles. Your salmon does look good though. I am a very poor fish cook, it's why I rarely have it.

Kristin said...

My husband and I think the dilly salmon loaf sounds good. And I do have a can of salmon.

Crackerberries said...

Let me know if you try it Kristin, like I said it's an acquired taste! ♥

Kristin said...

I have to get the dill weed.