Saturday, April 1, 2023

Asian Broccoli Salad - Feeding the Flock 23

 


ASIAN BROCCOLI SALAD

1 head broccoli, cut into pieces
1 cup cooked shelled edamame
½ cup sliced green onion
½ cup peanuts

Peanut sauce
¼ cup natural peanut butter
1 tbsp. rice vinegar
1 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tbsp. agave nectar (feel free to use honey if you want - I used the nectar because I had some in my cupboard I needed to use for something)
¼ tsp. toasted sesame oil
Hot water

Whisk all ingredients together until combined, with the exception of the hot water.  Only add water if it is too thick, 1 tbsp. at a time. Once it reaches the desired consistency, add to salad.


Cook the broccoli in boiling water for about about one minute then drain and rinse with cold water to halt the cooking process. Combine remaining ingredients and toss to combine. Sprinkle with peanuts and sesame seeds.

This recipe makes about 4-5 servings

Enjoy,





Don't forget to check out Crackerberries devotional.




10 comments:

Kristin said...

This sounds like a simple tasty recipe. We haven't really used edamame. Can you use frozen?

Kristin said...

Sounds simple and tasty. Could frozen endamame be used?

Tamara said...

I'm a huge fan of all things broccoli, so thanks for this recipe!

PS: Just came across this earlier today, just HAVE to share:

Why is everyone so against sugar?
Who stood by you when things went wrong in your life?
Who comforted you?
It wasn't broccoli, that's for sure!

Happy blogging from A-Z!
https://thethreegerbers.blogspot.com/2023/04/airport.html

Alana said...

I've loved broccoli since my teens (yes, I'm strange) and, as an adult, I discovered peanut sauce. I've pinned this for contemplation later. As we age, we need to watch what we eat so much more, as you (and I) well know.

J-Dub said...

That looks mighty delicious!!

shalzmojo said...

I love this recipe- so easy and seems to be quite a filling salad. I will definitely try it out. I am going to be a regular for the sourdough tips as I am in the process of just making my starter and will need some recipe and easy tips to keep cooking with it.

Looking forward to the rest of your posts.

Here is my link: https://www.shalzmojo.in/2023/04/angsticipation-5-most-anticipated-reads-on-my-tbr-2023/

Narayana Rao K.V.S.S. said...

OH. Thank you. Good to read. I just ate salad for the breakfast.

#AtoZChallenge - Second Post. Books on Industrial Engineering - A Collection.
https://nraoiekc.blogspot.com/2023/04/books-on-industrial-engineering.html
https://nraoiekc.blogspot.com/2023/04/books-on-industrial-engineering.html


#AtoZChallenge 2023 Theme: A to Z of Industrial Engineering
https://nraoiekc.blogspot.com/2018/06/a-to-z-of-industrial-engineering.html

Hannelore Adler (SteampunkCowCorn) said...

Yummy recipe, I´m always looking for healthy salads to give variety to my meals. I might try it out soon.

Visiting from https://steampunkcowunicorn.wordpress.com/2023/04/02/a-is-for-abask/

Deborah Weber said...

I enjoy broccoli a lot, and I'll have to give this a try.

Crackerberries said...

@Kristin, you definitely can use frozen... (I did)!